Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (2)
I consider this a lucky find. I was at my local LCBO in Windsor checking out the Ontario wines in the Vintages section. One odd bottle stood out, I recognized the Tawse label and wondered why it was the only one and it wasn't there earlier in the week.
It didn't have shelf space it could call its own which also meant I didn't know the price of the bottle. Checked the VQA isle, no more bottles were returned and lucky for me I was in the store to take it home.
Rieslings from Niagara are usually good, especially those from the bench. This one from Tawse did not disappoint!
A delicious, tasty mix of lime citrus notes, peach and mineral finish. Lip smack’n acidity. One bottle is not enough for me. I am going to order some more of this extraordinary wine!
(Tasted april 2012)
Visit my website www.essexwinereview.com
- Dr. Heidemanns Bergweiler Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese 2013, Mosel
- Tawse Sketches Of Niagara Riesling 2014, Ontario
- Vineland Estates Elevation St. Urban Vineyard Riesling 2014, Ontario
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Dry Riesling 2012, South Australia
- Charles Baker Riesling Ivan Vineyard 2015, Ontario