Community Reviews (2)
Wow, what an incredable nose on this Amarone. Aromas of dried berries, prune, raisins, fresh dates, soft leather and attractive cedar notes. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied (with alcohol coming in at 15.5%), luscious fruit flavours, low acidity and velvet tannins. Very good length on the finish with rich, creamy concentrated flavours. The blend on this wine is 70% Corvina, 20% Rondinella with the remaining 10% a combination of Molinara and other unspecified grapes. Amarone can some times be a little over the top when it comes to sweetness, for me, this one strikes the right balance between sweetness, tannins, alcohol and enough acidity to make it all very enjoyable.
Visit my website paulnjoywine.blogspot.com/
- Masi Costasera Amarone Classico 2011, Veneto
- Bolla Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2011, Veneto
- Michele Castellani Colle Cristi Collezione Ca' Del Pipa Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2010, Veneto
- Cantina Di Negrar Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2012, Veneto
- Cesari Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2011, Veneto