Community Reviews (1)
Dark ruby to purple in colour with high intensity on the nose.
Positives: Lots of red & black currents, mocha, spiciness, sweet plums & earth tones in both the nose & taste. There is a lot going on in this wine. Full body, medium tannin, good acidity & long length.
Negatives: Lots of heat coming from the high alcohol.
Interesting Points: This is a typical well made Shiraz from Barossa that's a meal in itself. Drink now on its own or pair it with a rich spicy Italian dish.
Best Buy on the sale price.
Tasted: 17 Oct 11,
Score: 9+/10, 8/10 (sale price: 9.5/10), Total: 17.5/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
- Two Hands Angels' Share Shiraz 2014, South Australia
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- The Lane Vineyard Block 14 Basket Press Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro 2014, South Australia