Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (3)
This is my current addiction. I love the lingering flavour of this wine. Great with Red meat or Dark Chocolate!!
The 2004 Weinert, composed of 100% Cabernet Sauvignon is integrated, medium to full bodied with intense aromas of violets and cedar followed by raspberry, blackberry and faint vanilla. It has dusty tannins that are refined to tannic (decant for 30 to 60 min) and the finish is smooth and medium to long. It still has the potential to evolve for the next 5 to 10 years based on the tannin composition, high alcohol and body, however it is difficult to predict when it will be at its best. My impression: quite NICE to BEAUTIFUL, 91.5 pts (with complexity expected to increase) - recommended buy. Tasted Jan/11.
If you would like to see wines I recommend and that are still available at the LCBO, please visit this link (listed in my profile):
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
This is a big, intense Cab. Lots of dark plum, earthy nose. Not my favorite wine from this region known more for Malbec, but this Cab is quite refined as long as you want something big and bold.
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Santa Carolina Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva 2014, Colchagua Valley
- K W V Cathedral Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon 2007, South Africa
- Caliterra Tributo Cabernet Sauvignon 2008, Chile
- William Fèvre Chile Espino Gran Cuvée Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, Maipo Valley
- Zonte's Footstep Avalon Tree Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, South Australia