Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (2)
Deep ruby colour with plenty of extraction. Nose of black berry and cherry, the slightest hint of red bell pepper which hints that the grapes were well-ripened before harvest. Nice balance of velvety tannin, acidity, and body. Blackberry, spices and smoke. Great length. Classy, and very approachable Camenere. Mar 2011.
The 2008 Tabalí Reserva Carmenère is a medium bodied, fruity to integrated wine, with intense aromas of blackberry, green pepper, cut hay and vanilla/coconut. Tannins are refined (decant for 30 to 60 min) and the finish is medium to long. It could still be aged for another 2 years before it hits its peak and will last to 2018 and beyond. My impression: NICE, 89 pts - pleasant Carmenere for a good price and hence a recommended buy. Tasted March/12.
If you would like to see wines I recommend and that are still available at the LCBO, please visit this link (listed in my profile):
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
- Casa Lapostolle Gran Seleccion Carmenere 2012, Chile
- Santa Alicia Gran Reserva De Los Andes Carmenère 2011, Maipo Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2011, Maipo Valley
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2009, Colchagua Valley
- Santa Carolina Reserva De Familia Carmenère 2010, Rapel Valley