Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (4)
Very decent ripasso. Complex tastes of cherry, strawberry and other berries. Subtle spice with floral notes.
This ruby red “Baby Amarone” from hills of San Pietro in Cariano and Sant’Ambrogio sweeps across the palate with expression of plums, red cherry, liquorice with notes of pepper and leather.
Refinement in Slavonian oak barrels adds light hints of oaky spiciness.
The finish is smooth and elegant. Not tannic – serving temperature 18-20° C.
A juicy wine with good acidity and very little tannin. It's brimming with cherry fruit backed up by some tobacco, vanilla, and milk chocolate notes, and there's a hint of cinnamon on the fruity finish. This would pair well with burgers, or tomato-based pasta.
Visit my website www.hollybruns.com
- Tenuta Sant'antonio Monti Garbi Valpolicella Superiore Ripasso 2014, Veneto
- Tommasi Il Sestante Ripasso Valpolicella Superiore 2013, Veneto
- Provolo Campotorbian Ripasso Valpolicella Superiore 2011, Veneto
- Storia Antica Ripasso Valpolicella 2013, Veneto
- Giuseppe Campagnola Ripasso Della Valpolicella Classico Superiore 2014, Veneto