Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (4)
A juicy wine with good acidity and very little tannin. It's brimming with cherry fruit backed up by some tobacco, vanilla, and milk chocolate notes, and there's a hint of cinnamon on the fruity finish. This would pair well with burgers, or tomato-based pasta.
Visit my website www.hollybruns.com
Very decent ripasso. Complex tastes of cherry, strawberry and other berries. Subtle spice with floral notes.
This ruby red “Baby Amarone” from hills of San Pietro in Cariano and Sant’Ambrogio sweeps across the palate with expression of plums, red cherry, liquorice with notes of pepper and leather.
Refinement in Slavonian oak barrels adds light hints of oaky spiciness.
The finish is smooth and elegant. Not tannic – serving temperature 18-20° C.
- Palazzo Maffei Ripasso Valpolicella Superiore 2011, Veneto
- Valpantena Torre Del Falasco Ripasso Valpolicella 2011, Veneto
- Montresor Capitel Della Crosara Valpolicella Ripasso 2011, Veneto
- Cantina Di Negrar Valpolicella Ripasso Le Roselle 2012, Veneto
- Villa Annaberta Valpolicella Ripasso Superiore 2011, Veneto