Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (3)
A dry Shiraz, nice nose of black fruit and berries, assertive tannins but not too astringent. As other reviews advise, drink with food...not a lush fruit bomb. More old world in nature than new world. Would buy again but not on the top ten list.
Viognier is a white grape, which makes this Aussie red a touch unusual. Yalumba has blended a very small amount of the fragrant Viognier with their mighty Shiraz, the grape so typical of south Australia. The result is a powerhouse wine which I found a touch aggressive straight out of the bottle. After an hour of breathing time however, the deep inky purple Shiraz began to show its softer side. This full bodied wine seemed to mellow nicely in the glass with some air though make no mistake, while it is very good, it is also a very dry Shiraz and not one to sip on its own but instead, will pair perfectly with a rich red meat dish. Decant 1-2 hours before serving.
Visit my website www.tylerphilp.com/
- George Wyndham Founder's Reserve Shiraz 2010, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Magpie Estate The Sack Shiraz 2006, Australia
- Tscharke Marananga Gnadenfrei Shiraz 2011, South Australia
- Tyrrell's Rufus Stone Shiraz 2006, Australia