Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (1)
The 2005 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is a nuanced wine that illustrates the results of cool, gradual ripening and a deft balance of varietal components. It has a dark garnet color and a complex nose of boysenberry, truffles, wild game, soy and black pepper. On the palate, the wine has a silky mouthfeel and an elegant, long finish with a slight tannic grip. With proper cellaring it should give drinking pleasure through 2032.
Our 2005 Napa Valley, a blend of wine from several selected vineyards in the appellation, is 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc and 3% Petit Verdot. We blended the vineyard lots in early 2006 and transferred the wine to 100% new American oak barrels for aging. Blending prior to barreling allows us to achieve a balance of the wine's primary elements, such as fruit and tannin, before they are influenced by oak. The wine was then aged in barrel for approximately 25 months and another 20 months in bottle to harmonize its components before release.
alcohol by volume: 13.5%
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Anakota Helena Montana Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, California
- La Jota Howell Mountain Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, California
- Juslyn Spring Mountain Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2007, California
- Cliff Lede Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, California
- Silver Oak Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, California