Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (2)
Medium ruby to garnet in colour with medium intensity. A pleasant nose that shows distinctive Sangiovese in cedar, oregano, sage, sour cherry, anise, lead pencil, milk chocolate & black peppercorn. The taste is dry, with medium+ tannins & acidity, & medium+ length. The notes on the taste are similar to the nose with addition of spinach leaf. The wine is very smooth & balanced. Nicely aged it's drinkable now or for the next 2 years. Food friendly wine that will pair with any Italian dish with red sauce.
Tasted: 3 Aug 11
Score: 8.5+/10 Value: 8.5/10, Total: 17+/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 3.5
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
Very rustic and traditional winemaking style here. Nose is very concentrated and heavy; dark fruit, tobacco, liquorice and dusty. Medium to full body, tannins are well integrated but could have used more acidity. Palate is a bit clumsy, not quite coming together with short finish. I don’t think this wine will get much better in a few years. Disappointing overall.
Visit my website paulnjoywine.blogspot.com/
- Illuminati Riparosso Montepulciano D'abruzzo 2015, Abruzzo
- Terra D'aligi Tolos Montepulciano D'abruzzo 2010, Abruzzo
- Terra D'aligi Tatone Montepulciano D'abruzzo 2012, Abruzzo
- Valle Reale Vigneto Sant'eusanio Montepulciano D'abruzzo 2011, Abruzzo
- Villa Medoro Rosso Del Duca Montepulciano D'abruzzo 2012, Abruzzo