Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (9)
My notes remain consistent on this wine from one vintage to the next. "Amarone with a more new-world twist."
This is a mouth full; huge stewed fruit - it's really quite amazing, but in no way old-world. Ultra rich, viscous, port-like and lip-smacking good. '06 is a big year in Veneto so let this one cellar until 2012+ and see if it mellows a bit or at least decant 1-2hrs before serving. (northof9finewine, April 2011)
Visit my website www.tylerphilp.com/
Massive, massive wine. Approach this as you would a port. Deep, black and viscous in the glass. The nose opens up to a range of stewed dark berry, prune, date, chocolate and liquorice. A bit lacking in that old skool Italian funk that I was hoping for, the aromas are all quite clean. The mouth tells of rich, dried grape liqueur, dates and chocolate. Dark, bitter chocolate and roasted nuts must be on hand for this brooding wine. No sign of fading in the next for the next 5 years. Tasted Oct 13'.
A nice Amarone from Veneto, Italy. Aromatic, full-bodied, with tastes of licorice and berries. Drink it now.
- Luciano Arduini Amarone Di Valpolicella Classico 2011, Veneto
- Monte Del Frá Lena Di Mezzo Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2011, Veneto
- Masi Costasera Amarone Classico 2011, Veneto
- Bolla Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2011, Veneto
- Sartori Corte Brà Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2009, Veneto