Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (5)
The 2008 Mission Hill Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve is medium bodied with nice, FRUITY to integrated notes of strawberry, cherry that are a tad yogurty. It is tannic (decant for 15-30 min, which won't change the tannins) with medium, smooth and chalky finish. It will benefit from aging, best 2012 to 2016 and can age even more. My impression: NICE (I love tannic wines). I dubbed it a 'tannic strawberry', earning it a mere 87.5 pts - not a recommended buy due to disproportional cost. Tasted Nov/10.
If you would like to see wines I recommend and that are still available at the LCBO, please visit this link (listed in my profile):
Soft, mellow nose. Stewed dark berries, some alcoholic prickle. Lot's spicy pepper flavours, dry tannins. Good wine but this one didn't quite live up to it's price. Alcohol still seems a bit out of balance, this will not improve much more.
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bishop's Peak Cabernet Sauvignon 2011, California
- Wynns Coonawarra Estate Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, South Australia
- Carmen Gran Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, Maipo Valley
- Zonte's Footstep Avalon Tree Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, South Australia
- Firestone Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, California