Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (5)
The 2008 Mission Hill Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve is medium bodied with nice, FRUITY to integrated notes of strawberry, cherry that are a tad yogurty. It is tannic (decant for 15-30 min, which won't change the tannins) with medium, smooth and chalky finish. It will benefit from aging, best 2012 to 2016 and can age even more. My impression: NICE (I love tannic wines). I dubbed it a 'tannic strawberry', earning it a mere 87.5 pts - not a recommended buy due to disproportional cost. Tasted Nov/10.
If you would like to see wines I recommend and that are still available at the LCBO, please visit this link (listed in my profile):
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
Soft, mellow nose. Stewed dark berries, some alcoholic prickle. Lot's spicy pepper flavours, dry tannins. Good wine but this one didn't quite live up to it's price. Alcohol still seems a bit out of balance, this will not improve much more.
Visit my website torontowineguy.blogspot.com/
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Forest Hill Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, Western Australia
- Santa Carolina Reserva De Familia Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Maipo Valley
- Pirramimma Cabernet Sauvignon 2006, Australia
- Wynns Coonawarra Estate Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, South Australia
- Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon 2007, Chile