Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (5)
Penfolds doesn't disappoint on this Shiraz. Dark ruby with med+ intensity. The nose shows plums, boysenberry, blackberry, vanilla bean, mocha, dark chocolate, smoked ham, white & red peppers. Taste is dry, med tannins, med acidity, full body, balanced & med+ length. This med+ complex wine has taste similar to the nose & you'll experience some heat from the 14.5% alcohol. Drink on its own or with grilled steak.
Tasted 11 May 11.
Score: 9/10, Value: 9/10, (bought this for $16.95 which would put it at 10/10). Total: 18/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
- Two Hands Angels' Share Shiraz 2014, South Australia
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro 2014, South Australia
- Rockcliffe Third Reef Shiraz 2013, Western Australia