Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (7)
Just pure heaven and smoothness even though it lacked complexity and depth. Tasted April 2013.
Second tasting. Lovely olive, plum, tobacco leaf notes. Dark cherry underneath. It has smoothed out considerably since last fall, but still lots of grip. Tannins a bit more balanced this time. Delicious. Drink now.
Initial very nice fruit and cherry nose, and similar fruity taste, unfortunately gives way to overwhelming minerality at the finish. A long and enduring steely finish is too much for me. The alcohol is hot and uncomfortable. Massive dissapointment. Tasted December 2011.
- Masi Costasera Amarone Classico 2011, Veneto
- Musella Amarone Della Valpolicella 2010, Veneto
- Bolla Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2011, Veneto
- Michele Castellani Colle Cristi Collezione Ca' Del Pipa Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2010, Veneto
- Soprasasso Amarone Della Valpolicella 2012, Veneto