Paul Zinck Eichberg Riesling 2009 - Expert wine ratings and wine reviews by WineAlign
This is riesling writ large - a very rich, ripe 2009 from a terrific Alsatian grand cru site. It is maturing with...
Paul Zinck Eichberg Riesling 2009, Ac Alsace Grand Cru
In The Sotheby's Wine Encyclopedia (4th edition), Tom Stevenson remarked: 'This calcareous clay cru has the lowest rainfall in Colmar and produces very aromatic wines of exceptional delicacy, yet great longevity. Famous for Gewurztraminer, which is potentially the finest in Alsace, Eichberg is also capable of making superb long-lasting Riesling and Pinot Gris.' Paul and Philippe Zinck are the father and son team responsible for this exquisite Riesling.
This wine is featured in Episode #4.5 of our "So, You Think You Know Wine?" video series.
Critic Reviews (1)
- Clemens Busch Marienburg Kabinett Riesling 2013, Mosel
- Max Ferd. Richter Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett 2013, Mosel
- Bischöfliche Weingüter Trier Scharzhofberger Riesling Kabinett 2012, Mosel
- Maximin Grünhäuser Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett 2012, Mosel
- Bischöfliche Weingüter Trier Scharzhofberger Spätlese Riesling 2012, Mosel