Paul Zinck Eichberg Riesling 2009, Ac Alsace Grand Cru
In The Sotheby's Wine Encyclopedia (4th edition), Tom Stevenson remarked: 'This calcareous clay cru has the lowest rainfall in Colmar and produces very aromatic wines of exceptional delicacy, yet great longevity. Famous for Gewurztraminer, which is potentially the finest in Alsace, Eichberg is also capable of making superb long-lasting Riesling and Pinot Gris.' Paul and Philippe Zinck are the father and son team responsible for this exquisite Riesling.
This wine is featured in Episode #4.5 of our "So, You Think You Know Wine?" video series.
Critic Reviews (1)
- Dr. Heidemanns Bergweiler Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese 2013, Mosel
- Künstler Hochheimer Stielweg Old Vines Riesling Trocken 2013, Rheingau
- Maximin Grünhäuser Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett 2012, Mosel
- Bischöfliche Weingüter Trier Scharzhofberger Spätlese Riesling 2012, Mosel
- Tawse Sketches Of Niagara Riesling 2014, Ontario