Paul Zinck Eichberg Riesling 2009, Ac Alsace Grand Cru
In The Sotheby's Wine Encyclopedia (4th edition), Tom Stevenson remarked: 'This calcareous clay cru has the lowest rainfall in Colmar and produces very aromatic wines of exceptional delicacy, yet great longevity. Famous for Gewurztraminer, which is potentially the finest in Alsace, Eichberg is also capable of making superb long-lasting Riesling and Pinot Gris.' Paul and Philippe Zinck are the father and son team responsible for this exquisite Riesling.
This wine is featured in Episode #4.5 of our "So, You Think You Know Wine?" video series.
Critic Reviews (1)
- Kerpen Graacher Domprobst 1 Star Riesling Auslese 2010, Mosel
- Reichsgraf Von Kesselstatt Nies'chen Riesling Kabinett 2006, Mosel
- Vollenweider Kröver Steffensberg Riesling Spätlese 2009, Mosel
- Bollig Lehnert Piesporter Goldtröpfchen Riesling Spätlese 2011, Mosel
- Wegeler Rüdesheimer Berg Schlossberg Riesling Kabinett 2012, Rheingau