Paul Zinck Eichberg Riesling 2009, Ac Alsace Grand Cru
In The Sotheby's Wine Encyclopedia (4th edition), Tom Stevenson remarked: 'This calcareous clay cru has the lowest rainfall in Colmar and produces very aromatic wines of exceptional delicacy, yet great longevity. Famous for Gewurztraminer, which is potentially the finest in Alsace, Eichberg is also capable of making superb long-lasting Riesling and Pinot Gris.' Paul and Philippe Zinck are the father and son team responsible for this exquisite Riesling.
This wine is featured in Episode #4.5 of our "So, You Think You Know Wine?" video series.
Critic Reviews (1)
- Vineland Estates Elevation St. Urban Vineyard Riesling 2012, Ontario
- Max Ferd. Richter Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett 2013, Mosel
- Wegeler Rüdesheimer Berg Schlossberg Riesling Kabinett 2012, Rheingau
- Studert Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese 2012, Mosel
- Cave Spring Csv Riesling 2013, Ontario