Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (1)
Description: Medium ruby going towards garnet in colour with medium+ intensity on the nose.
Positives: Lower alcohol than your average Australian Shiraz. The nose & taste show a lot of spiciness with white, black & red peppers, eucalyptus, pimento, cedar, plum, blackcurrants, raspberry, leather, tobacco leaves & some slate. There is a lot of complexity for a wine that is under $20. This wine is medium body with mild tannins, good acidity & a long finish.
Drink now on its own or pair it with grilled lamb chops.
Tasted: Score: 9+/10, Value: 9.5/10, Total: 18.5/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
- George Wyndham Founder's Reserve Shiraz 2010, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Magpie Estate The Sack Shiraz 2006, Australia
- Claymore Walk On The Wild Side Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Cristobal 1492 Barrel Selection Shiraz 2012, Mendoza