Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (1)
First off let me just say that I have not yet had a Rosemount Show Reserve wine that I didn't like & this one doesn't disappoint. Medium+ ruby in colour with a medium intensity on the nose. A complex nose that shows plums, dill, raspberry, blackberry, cherry, cedar, dark chocolate smoked bacon, black & white pepper & mocha. The taste is just as complex as the nose showing similar notes as the nose. Surprisingly with the high alcohol & being from Australia you would expect more prune or cooked fruit. However, the taste is old world, except for the heat. The taste is dry, medium+ tannins & acidity with a very long length. The wine has medium to full body & balanced. The wine is drinkable now but will age nicely for the next 5 years. Drink on it's own or rack of lamb.
Tasted 17 Aug 11.
Score: 9.5/10, Value; 7/10, Total: 16.5/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4.5
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
- Barossa Valley Estate Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2012, South Australia
- Schild Estate Gms Grenache/Mourvèdre/Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Château D'anglès La Clape Classique Syrah/Grenache/Mourvèdre 2012, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Yalumba The Strapper Gsm 2013, South Australia
- Claymore You'll Never Walk Alone Grenache Shiraz Mataro 2013, South Australia