Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (4)
Smoky oak nose.
Taste: cherry, smoky oak, and pepper.
Nice, well rounded red. Excellent balance aith a wonderful finish. Big tannins indicate that this one will sit well in the cellar for a few years.
This wine won a Gold Medal at the 2008 Vinsobres. Its fruity, medium bodied and has aromas of black cherry, prune and smoke. It is slightly acidic and slightly bretty. The tannins are refined (open for 30 min to 1 hr) and the finish is medium. I think that it shouldn't cost more than $12 and makes me wonder what other wines were at this competition if this one won gold. My impression: NOTHING SPECIAL to just NICE. Tasted Mar/10.
If you would like to see wines I recommend and that are still available at the LCBO, please visit this link (listed in my profile):
Ripe red fruits, with touches of smoke and black pepper. I don't find that the tannins are that prominant, but has enough structure to keep short term (though no need to do so, IMO). Quite a good Cotes du Rhone Villages, but I would say that this does not represent particularly great value....in the $14-15 range would be more appropriate.
- Pierre Henri Morel Signargues Côtes Du Rhône Villages 2010, Rhone
- Château De Galifay Cairanne Côtes Du Rhône Villages 2010, Rhone
- Famille Perrin Les Sinards Châteauneuf Du Pape 2010, Rhone
- Domaine Les Grands Bois Cuvée Philippine Côtes Du Rhône Villages 2010, Rhone
- E. Guigal Cotes Du Rhone 2009, Rhone