Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (5)
A full bodied, beautiful, aromatic 2006 cabernet sauvignon from Australia. Smoky, blackberry taste, with hint of oak and cedar. Very smooth. Decant it for an hour and you will like it better.
This full bodied Australian Cab is nicely aromatic with integrated notes of black currant, blackberry, Earth, pine, vanilla and oak. The tannins are refined to tannic (decant for 1/2 to 1 hour) and the finish is long and smooth and silky. It should nicely evolve for the next decade or so. My impression: BEAUTIFUL, 92 pts. Reviewed again May/10.
My earlier review:
Dominated by black currant, black cherry and bilberry, this wine also has notes of pine, oak and vanilla. It is smooth and silky; still young, fruity and somewhat tannic (needs one hour to open), with medium to full body and a long finish. My impression: BEAUTIFUL. Tasted Feb/10.
If you would like to see wines I recommend and that are still available at the LCBO, please visit this link (listed in my profile):
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wynns Coonawarra Estate Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, South Australia
- Montgras Ninquén Mountain Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Mojo Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, South Australia
- Yalumba Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon 2015, South Australia
- Tectonia Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Maipo Valley