21st Annual Niagara Icewine Festival – January 15 – 31, 2016
A Shimmer of Gold
The 21st Annual Niagara Icewine Festival is ready to welcome you! The Niagara region transforms into a wintry wonderland over three weekends from January 15-31. If you are a fan of the vine, these are the weekends to visit Niagara’s wine country.
What began as a gala event and the largest Icewine pouring in Canada has evolved into three weekends of the most sought after Icewine experiences. From stunning formal affairs to outdoor ice village settings to wineries opening their doors and cellars setting the stage with incredible culinary and Icewine pairings.
- Taste the best in culinary and wine, as celebrated Niagara chefs prepare Icewine infused delights and create the ultimate Icewine pairings.
- Feel the cold on your cheeks as you stand amidst the frozen vines and learn how Icewine is produced.
- Gaze at the beauty that surrounds you as you follow the famed wine route as it threads its way from the Niagara Escarpment to the Niagara River and you may just catch a glimpse of a frozen Niagara Falls if Mother Nature sets the scene.
- Smell the rich honey and peach undertones of a perfectly balanced Icewine.
- Listen to winemakers who become proud storytellers as they share their memories of unique Icewine Harvest times.
Niagara Icewine Festival Special Offer for WineAlign:
Gala Tickets $180.00 ($5 savings – type in Discount code WINEG16)
Discovery Passes $35.00 ($5 savings – type in Discount code ICEDP16)
Explore the wine route with Discovery Passes on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and enjoy eight wine and culinary pairings from over 35 incredible wineries across Niagara.
There is no finer way to experience the bounty of winter than travelling along the wine route, sipping and savouring the best in local Icewine, table wines and cuisine. From hearty chilis and savoury soups to sweet treats paired with VQA Icewines and tables wines, the experiences are sweet, savoury and spicy.
Xerox Icewine Gala
The first Niagara Icewine Festival Xerox Gala took place in 1995 and 21 years later Niagara proudly presents one of Ontario’s most luxurious wine and culinary events at Fallsview Casino Resort. Experience Canada’s largest VQA Icewine and table wine tasting from over 35 wineries. Icewine, Late Harvest, Sparkling wine and premium red and white wines are showcased throughout the evening alongside Fallsview Casino Resort’s top chefs as they create mouthwatering dishes that are as beautiful as they are delicious.
The theme for the 2016 Gala is Casino Royale, where you may just find the perfect Icewine Martini, shaken not stirred. From the colours and textures of the décor, to the masterfully crafted ice sculpture centrepieces, the transformation of the Grand Hall sets the stage for a glamorous black tie affair. Live entertainment, dancing and an all-inclusive evening of the best wine and food Niagara has to offer, sets the tone for a weekend to remember.
Celebrate the magic of winter and Icewine in Niagara!
Web URL: niagarawinefestival.com
Phone Number: 905-688-0212
Discovery Pass – $40+HST
Driver’s Discovery Pass – $30+HST
Xerox Icewine Gala – $185+HST