WineAlign’s Inaugural “Champions Tasting” – Taste Only the Best
Taste Only the Best
Please join us at our inaugural “Champions Tasting” to be held at the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) on Thursday October 16th, 2014 at 6:30pm.
Our Champions Tasting is unique compared to other tastings in that all wines being poured are “Champions” from our 2014 wine awards.
These include only Platinum and Gold winning wines from the 2014 National Wine Awards of Canada, as well as, Top Value, Category Champion and Best of Country wines from the 2014 World Wine Awards of Canada.
When combining both award competitions our judges tasted 2,433 wines blind. The wines eligible to pour at the tasting represent only 7% of all of the wines entered. In short, nothing but the best.
Winery and wine agency representatives will be pouring and discussing their award winning wines. WineAlign critics will be presenting their “Judges’ Choice” selections. These are wines that they scored particularly high.
Here’s only a sample of the over 80 award winning wines that you will taste:
– Ascheri 2009 Barolo
– Big Head Wines 2013 Chenin Blanc
– Domaine Laroche 2012 Chablis Saint-Martin
– Domaine Marchand-Grillot 2012 Morey-Saint-Denis
– Edna Valley vineyard 2012 Paragon Chardonnay
– Martin Berdugo 2009 Reserva Ribera del Duero
– Norman Hardie 2011 Unfiltered Niagara Pinot Noir
– Peller Estates 2012 Private Reserve Gamay Noir Carlton Vineyard
– Poplar Grove 2010 Merlot
– Quails’ Gate 2012 Stewart Family Reserve Chardonnay
– Redstone Winery 2010 Syrah Redstone Vineyard
– Stags’ Leap Winery 2011 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
– Stoneboat Vineyards 2011 Pinotage
– Tawse 2012 Riesling Carly’s Block
– Villa Ponciago 2012 Beaujolais-Villages
– Winzer Krems ’13’ 2013 Gruner Vetliner
This isn’t just about tasting great wines, it’s also opportunity to buy great wines. There will be a system in place to help facilitate wine purchases after the event.
The ROM is the perfect setting to showcase such high-quality wines. In keeping with the evening’s focus on only the best, caterer par excellence, Daniel et Daniel will prepare gourmet food for your enjoyment. Look forward to Rare Roast Beef Sandwich, Buffalo Chicken Crackling, Whitefish Tacos, Maple Smoked Salmon and many more tasty treats.
Date: Thursday, Oct 16th, 2014
Location: Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queens Park, Toronto)
Trade: 3pm to 5pm (by invite only)
Public: 6:30pm to 9pm (purchase)
Tickets: $100.00 (includes all fees & taxes)
Photo credits: Wine tasting, courtesy of the Wine Sisters; The ROM, courtesy of The ROM